Save Our Energy for Things That Matter

The suggestion of looking the other way, isn’t promoting or encouraging anyone to put their head in the sand and dismiss a harsh reality. Not recommending denial. The signature doormat behavior of people-pleasers is staying silent for fear of a confrontation. I’m not in favor of this at all. But, turning away from a situation that can not be changed by our involvement is different than staying silent for fear based reasons.

There are major situations happening in our world that need a collective voice. Issues on our worldwide plate that could definitely benefit by us standing up, speaking out and making our voices heard.  Together. This is why it’s imperative to save our energy, not squander it on the incidental and trivial.  Sometimes, it’s a waste of breath,  and using our breath to talk, is energy.  Acknowledge  how a situation is, then decide if it is worth our time and energy is crucial.

Acknowledgment is key.  But just because we’ve acknowledged something, doesn’t mean we need to verbalize our point of view.  Especially if it is contrary to a situation, and invites hours of debate with individuals determined on negating our perspective.

I’d love to hear what you think?  All comments welcomed.

By |2018-06-19T16:14:50+00:00June 19th, 2018|Miscellaneous mattiness|7 Comments

1. Mitch P. June 20, 2018 at 8:32 AM - Reply

Great advice and so true. Some issues are worth the fight but the incidental/trivial are a waste of our time and drain our spirits.

• Ivy Tobin June 20, 2018 at 1:54 PM - Reply

Thank you so much for your comment Mitch. Much appreciated ❤️

2. Footnote June 20, 2018 at 4:17 PM - Reply

Thanks I REALLY needed to hear this today. A situation left behind from my sister’s death. I need to just look the other way before it makes me ill. Got to leave it up to my Dad and the immoral nasty bloke disrespecting everything she stood for. This has helped me make the decision that now is the time for me to step back and say I’ve done all I can and I am not responsible for whatever the outcome is. Dad will do ( or not do ) what he wants regardless of whether I blow a gasket trying to do what’s right.
    Time to step back from it.
    Thanks for helping me today.

• Ivy Tobin June 20, 2018 at 11:31 PM - Reply

Hi Lisa,
      So sorry to read about your sister’s passing. If my post helped you heal in anyway then I am grateful. Thank you for letting me know. Sending you much love during this difficult time.

3. Footnote June 21, 2018 at 12:00 PM - Reply

Thanks Ivy 💗

4. Pat September 22, 2018 at 10:03 AM - Reply

And only we get to decide what is important to us. We need to resist the urge to be pressured into caring or advocating for something that we choose not to.

• Ivy Tobin September 22, 2018 at 10:26 AM - Reply

I agree with you Pat. Thanks so much for your comment.