What makes us doormats?

What keeps us doormatsWhat makes us doormats keeps us doormats if behavioral changes aren’t made. The first step in recovering from doormatism is making people accountable for their actions.  It is not  your fault.

By | 2015-10-07T10:55:27+00:00 October 7th, 2015|Miscellaneous mattiness|10 Comments

1. susan woolfe October 7, 2015 at 11:11 am - Reply

Hi Ivy, Hope all is well with you! I am still hoping that you will get to the B & N in Ocala. Any plans to come here sometime?

• ivytobin October 7, 2015 at 11:20 am - Reply

Hi Susan, at the moment, I don’t have plans for Ocala, BUT I will absolutely let you know if and when I do. Hope all is well with you too Susan <3

2. utesmile October 8, 2015 at 8:04 am - Reply

That is so true!

3. Kippi March 19, 2016 at 1:17 am - Reply

Its been under a year since I learned about boundaries. My grown children want the old me back so bad they are beside themselves. Talk about a lot of extra free time. I’m staying positive, hoping they’ll grow to love the new me, even though I no longer offer the ‘wipe your feet on me’ option.

• ivytobin March 19, 2016 at 8:54 pm - Reply

Awesome Kippi! Bravo to you. Keep being you and allow your children time to adjust. <3 Rose G.

4. Sandra November 7, 2016 at 7:20 am - Reply

Yes, taking responsibility for other peoples stuff is a big one!

• ivytobin November 7, 2016 at 9:25 am - Reply

Thanks so much for commenting here Sandra <3

• ivytobin November 11, 2016 at 9:56 am - Reply

Yes it is Sandra! Thanks so much for commenting. You will love today’s blog post (11/11). Our guest therapist Dr. Terry Segal addresses this. Check it out later here, or on my page on FaceBook. <3

• ivytobin November 14, 2016 at 9:11 am - Reply

Hi Sandra, feeling responsibility for other peoples happiness is a key element in doormat behavior. Second nature to most struggling with doormatism. Keep fighting the good fight, and realize the ONLY ONE you can truly please and make happy is YOU. <3