Anyone ever feel like this?

Anyone ever feel like this?

By | 2014-09-24T10:53:06+00:00 September 24th, 2014|Miscellaneous mattiness|16 Comments

1. notesfromthebathroomfloor September 24, 2014 at 11:26 am - Reply

Yes, I know it well. And it does feel awesome when I finally say to hell with it and just do the thing. Thanks for reminding me. 🙂

2. joedalio September 24, 2014 at 1:11 pm - Reply

It does indeed feel awsome! There is no greater feeling than conquering a fear and taking life to the next level ☺

3. Rosemary Summers September 24, 2014 at 2:26 pm - Reply

One can conquer a fear and it indeed feels good, but unfortunately it comes back!

• ivytobin September 24, 2014 at 3:16 pm - Reply

True Rosemary! But perhaps after confronting a reoccurring fear, the fear will become less daunting and have less power. Something to think about.

4. Rosemary Summers September 24, 2014 at 4:09 pm - Reply

I try, nearly had a bad experience as a result, know it is illogical, but it keeps on recurring.

• ivytobin September 24, 2014 at 9:55 pm - Reply

Sometimes a therapist can help. I overcame a lot of my issues with claustrophobia and heights with a good psychologist. I have a friend who is fearful of cotton balls. Go figure that one out. :-/

5. rosemarysummers2 September 24, 2014 at 4:12 pm - Reply

Claustrophobia

• ivytobin September 24, 2014 at 9:53 pm - Reply

Me too. Especially elevators. :/

6. Lisa September 24, 2014 at 5:23 pm - Reply

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Sadly I rarely ever do the things that scare me. I think I’ve made it a habit. 🙁

• ivytobin September 24, 2014 at 9:51 pm - Reply

Hi Lisa, A habit can be broken. I was always fearful of doing something new. UNTIL the minute AFTER I did it. Sometimes we have to push ourselves outside of our comfort zones to experience what life is all about. I challenge you to do the next thing that ‘scares’ you! Let me know when this happens, (and what fear you overcame) and I will send you a framed, ‘I am proud to be a Recovering Doormat’ 8 x 10 poster. Do we have a deal? 🙂 <3 Rose G.

• Lisa September 24, 2014 at 10:56 pm - Reply

Deal, lol! It shouldn’t take long because I have avoided a hell of a lot of things in my life.

• ivytobin September 25, 2014 at 9:42 pm - Reply

Great! Send your address to my private message box on The Society for Recovering Doormats FB page. If you don’t do Facebook, then we will try another way for you to share the mailing address with me and not the entire internet world. LOL. BUT FIRST ya need to do that one thing that scares you. Good luck. 🙂 Rose G.

7. drterrysegal September 30, 2014 at 3:17 pm - Reply

All the time! Then I realize that the Dragons were chasing me around and I turn and chase them! It DOES feel good. You get how it is!

• ivytobin October 1, 2014 at 8:48 am - Reply