We matter.

We matter

We matter

By | 2014-07-29T17:33:03+00:00 July 29th, 2014|Miscellaneous mattiness|11 Comments

1. Rosemary Summers July 30, 2014 at 2:16 am - Reply

Always need words of inspiration.
    Making coffee for self, , knocked over the milk frother!! Son’s house, Oh shucks never going to hear the end of it.

• ivytobin July 30, 2014 at 12:42 pm - Reply

Hi Rosemary, and thanks for commenting. Don’t worry about spilled milk. Be glad you didn’t shatter a crystal vase! Your friend Rose <3

2. Rosemary Summers July 30, 2014 at 2:18 am - Reply

Will have to own up to the mishap, oh shucks, I will never hear the end of it.

• ivytobin July 30, 2014 at 12:43 pm - Reply

It’s just a mishap, and mishaps happen. End of story.

3. Rosemary Summers July 30, 2014 at 2:21 am - Reply

Cracked the jug. Oh dear not going to be able to handle their disdain.
    I always seem to have a mishap in his home just before leaving to go back home to S Africa .

• ivytobin July 30, 2014 at 12:44 pm - Reply

So you cracked the jug! In some cultures, that is a sign of good luck.

4. Rosemary Summers July 30, 2014 at 2:28 am - Reply

I gladly cook lovely meals for the family in a very hot kitchen, sweat pouring from my brow
    But now I have had an accident, oh dear feel quite ill. I am always very nervous about the state I leave the kitchen as untidiness or mess will not be tolerated. Now do I own up about the cracked Bodum frother or just keep quiet?

5. ivytobin July 30, 2014 at 12:45 pm - Reply

Hi Rosemary, I would take a deep breath and own up to the mishap. Stuff happens. You obviously have a conscience, and caring a secret around isn’t healthy.

6. drterrysegal August 4, 2014 at 7:45 pm - Reply

Dear Rose,
    These words are so true. I love that we leave a bit of ourselves and are left with a bit of others. Very nice.

• ivytobin August 5, 2014 at 9:18 am - Reply

Thanks so much for commenting. Your thoughts are very appreciated. <3 Rose

7. magcanright March 11, 2015 at 1:18 pm - Reply

Live with a sense of openness, being alert and aware of those around you and how you could brighten their day with a smile and hello, a kind word, a compliment, opening the door, letting someone get ahead of you in line (that’s not being a doormat if you do it joyfully and fully aware that you are doing it because you WANT to, not because you “should.”) That, for me, is what takes away the matiness.